This article is particularly useful as the list of attributes that designers need has come directly from the design practices themselves. Ideal knowledge to have right now!
25 Attributes employers look for when hiring creative people
POSTED MARCH 7TH, 2009 BY PRESTON D LEE
Recently I have written a lot of articles about the various creative agencies I visited in Seattle, Washington. At each agency, I asked the creative professionals which attributes they considered vital for someone in a creative profession. Below is a list of the wide variety of answers I received.
25 Attributes and Abilities all creative professionals should possess. (in no particular order)
1. Be motivated and eager to learn
2. Be Organized
3. Be able to multitask & juggle projects
4. Develop written and verbal communication skills
5. Be able to think critically
6. Become familiar with social media (facebook, twitter, linkedin, etc.
7. Be deadline oriented
8. Be assertive and confident in your abilities
9. Care about clients
10. Develop good writing skills
11. Be well-rounded
12. Develop organizational skills
13. Have a can-do attitude
14. Develop and maintain a good portfolio(if necessary enroll in a portfolio school
15. Have a passion for what you do
16. Be curious about the industry
17. Find ways to “break through the clutter”
18. Understand the importance of research in creative work
19. Be teachable and humble
20. Be authentic
21. Keep an open mind about things
22. Network constantly
23. Have a genuine interest
24. Get a good education
25. Develop curiosity about the world around you
Well, there you have it. 25 tips from some of the best creative professionals around. What other traits do you find important?